Hi there – my name’s Helen Oakes and I’m a wedding celebrant located on beautiful Waiheke Island. When people think about getting married on Waiheke Island, they typically think of summer time weddings.
However, with an average winter temperature on Waiheke Island of 15C to 18C – Winter Weddings on Waiheke Island can be just as amazing.
Winter can be perfect for weddings on Waiheke Island
I recently spoke with Beccy, a wedding coordinator ‘extraordinaire’ at Mudbrick Winery & Restaurant on Waiheke Island. Mudbrick’s heritage extends to 25 years of hosting weddings on Waiheke Island. Beccy told me that although the bulk of their Waiheke wedding ceremonies held at Mudbrick Winery & Restaurant are during the ‘traditional’ wedding months of November to May – she is getting more and more requests for winter weddings on Waiheke Island.
“At the Mudbrick lodge we can hold weddings outside on the courtyard of the lodge and also inside in an intimate setting. We light the candles and create the most amazing romantic atmosphere in there for our wedding couples.”
Benefits of winter weddings on Waiheke Island;
- Often discounts are available for weddings that are held outside of the main wedding season. Remember to ask your suppliers for these.
- Autumn weather on Waiheke Island is still stunning and warm allowing for outdoor weddings.
- Photographers love the softer light that autumn and winter months can offer and weddings can be scheduled earlier to make the most of the stunning sunset views.
- Waiheke Island is a little less busy and accommodation for wedding guests is easier to secure.
- Autumn flowers offers the option of achieving a rich and vibrant wedding colour theme think of orange and burgundy colours.
At Wild Flower Waiheke a fantastic florist on Waiheke Island that’s been creating stunning flowers for weddings for the last 20 years, Zoe tells me that she loves winter weddings. She likes to offer her wedding couples the deep rich colours of reds and browns that look striking.
Photos by Chase Wild
As a wedding celebrant on Waiheke Island, I love conducting winter wedding ceremonies. The lower autumn temperatures help to make guests a little bit more relaxed and comfortable at an outside wedding ceremony, where they don’t have to worry about getting sunburnt. More importantly the grooms and groomsmen are also more comfortable in their three-piece suits and the bridal parties can utilise those stunning winter hues.
If you would like more details about winter weddings on Waiheke Island at Mudbrick Winery & Restaurant contact Beccy at email@example.com.
For an idea of what flower varieties are available for winter weddings give Zoe a call Wild Flower on 0210718181.
And if you want to enquire about my celebrant services to craft your personalised winter wedding ceremony then call me on 0274455636.
I’d love to hear from you, so please do get in touch